He also advises institutional investors investing into funds, particularly private equity funds. Other clients in related industries include private client and wealth management units of banks, and other financial institutions such as fund administrators, investment fund distributors, trustees, custodians, and financial planners and advisers.
He was named in The International Who’s Who, Practical Law Company’s Which Lawyer, Chambers Asia and Euromoney’s Guide to the World’s Leading Investment Funds Lawyers as a leading lawyer in Singapore for investment funds.
Arnold advises clients in the establishment of both onshore and offshore investment funds including hedge funds, fund-of-funds, venture capital and private equity funds including structural and marketing issues for funds.
He also assists clients on all regulatory matters involved in establishing a fund management presence in Singapore. This includes applying for licenses under the relevant securities laws in Singapore or operating under applicable exemptions.
The practice also assists investment management clients on corporate matters including seeding arrangements with professional seeders, shareholder agreements, employment and service agreements.
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Independent Director, Asiatravel.com Holdings Ltd
- Co-authored a chapter "The regulation of hedge funds in Singapore" in the book titled "Starting a Hedge Fund - an Asian Perspective" published by ISI Publications, January 2003
- Capital Asia Magazine (ISI Publication – Hong Kong) June 2001 – “Fund Management In Singapore”
- Capital Asia’s Guide to Hedge Funds 2002 (ISI Publication – Hong Kong) – “The Regulation of Hedge Funds in Singapore”
- Singapore chapter in “Hedge Funds and the Law’” published by Sweet & Maxwell Limited
- International Survey of Investment Adviser Regulation, 2012 – Edited by Marcia L. MacHarg and Kenneth J. Berman – Co-Author of Singapore Chapter (Published by Wolters Kluwer)