Her areas of practice cover mergers and acquisitions including takeovers (contested and uncontested) and acquisitions and divestments of companies (both public and private), equity capital markets including initial public offerings, rights issues and placements and general corporate work.
Chai Lih was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore in 2004 and joined the firm as an associate in 2005. She became a Partner of the firm in 2011.
- Competing general offer for Parkway Holdings Limited by RHC Healthcare Private Limited (which is owned by Fortis Healthcare Limited and RHC Holding Private Limited) which valued the target at S$3.2 billion.
- Competing general offer for The Straits Trading Company Limited by Knowledge Two Investment Pte Ltd (a subsidiary of Lee Latex (Pte) Limited which valued the target at S$2.13 billion.
- Voluntary unconditional cash offer for and privatization of The Ascott Group Limited by Somerset Capital Pte Ltd (a subsidiary of CapitaLand Limited) which valued the target at S$2.78 billion.
- Mandatory takeover offer for United Industrial Corporation Limited by Summit Top Investments Limited (a subsidiary of Philippines-listed JG Summit Holdings, Inc.) which valued the target at S$1.5 billion.
- Exit Offer by Pickard Enterprises Limited for CentraLand Limited in connection with the preposed voluntary delisting of CentraLand. The Exit Offer is valued at about S$138.4 million and the target is valued at S$738 million.
- Mandatory conditional offer for Pine Agritech Limited by Link Crest Limited which valued the target at S$600 million.
- Mandatory conditional cash offer for NatSteel Ltd by Oei Hong Leong Foundation Pte Ltd which valued the target at S$485.6 million.
- Voluntary conditional cash offer for Guthrie GTS Limited by Alam Indah Bintan Pte Ltd (a Salim group company) which valued the target at S$468.9 million.
- Acted for Goldman Sachs (Singapore) Pte., the financial adviser in the voluntary unconditional cash offer for Yantai Raffles Shipyward Limited by China International Marine Containers (Group) Co,. Ltd which valued the target at US$385.7 million.
- Acted for Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited, the financial adviser in the mandatory conditional cash offer for KS Energy Limited by Pacific One Energy Limited which valued the target at S$360.3 million.
- Acted for SMB United Limited in the competing voluntary conditional cash offers by Boer Power Holdings Limited and Osaki Electric Co,. Ltd. which valued SMB at about S$164.2 million and S$205.2 million, respectively.
- Mandatory conditional cash offer for Thakral Corporation Ltd by Venture Delta Limited (a subsidiary of Hong Leong Asia Ltd) which valued the target at S$209.13 million.
- Acquisition of 18.2% equity interest in and mandatory takeover offer for SciGen Ltd (a Singapore-incorporated biopharmaceutical company listed on the Australian Stock Exchange) by Bioton S.A. (a Polish biotechnology company listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange) which valued the target at S$54.44 million.
- Mandatory conditional cash offer for HLG Enterprise Limited by Grace Star Services Ltd (a subsidiary of Hong Leong Asia Ltd) which valued the target at S$19.4 million.
- Mandatory unconditional cash offer for Iconic Holdings Limited by Tong Jun Kian which valued the target at S$11.2 million.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Acted for GuocoLand Limited in the participation by Employees Provident Fund of Malaysia (a Malaysian pension fund) for a 20% stake in GuocoLand group’s mixed-use development project above Tanjong Pagar MRT station in Singapore, with a deal value of S$113 million. The development cost of the project is reported to be about S$3.2 billion.
- Disposal by Hwa Hong Corporation Limited and Hwa Hong Capital (Pte) Limited of Tenet Insurance Company Ltd to Sompo Japan Insurance Inc. for a consideration of S$95 million.
- Disposal by United Overseas Bank Limited of UOB Life Assurance Limited to Prudential Singapore Holdings Pte. Limited for a consideration of S$428 million.
- Acquisition by KDDI Corporation (Tokyo-listed conglomerate) in its strategic investment in DMX Technologies Group Limited (listed on the SGX-ST) by way of subscription of new shares and cash injection of approximately S$188 million.
- Acquisition of 13.5% interest in and mandatory conditional cash offer for Tasek Corporation Berhad (listed on Bursa Malaysia) with transaction value of approximately S$200 million.
- Acquisition by China Yuchai International Limited (NYSE-listed and a subsidiary of Hong Leong Asia Limited) of bonds, preference shares and ordinary shares issued by HLG Enterprise Limited for a consideration of S$131.6 million.
Corporate Finance & Capital Markets
- S$532.5 million renounceable rights issue of 295.8 million new ordinary shares by GuocoLand Limited.
- S$39 million initial public offering of Yongmao Holdings Limited, a China-based manufacturer and distributor of towercranes and towercrane components and accessories.
- S$13 million initial public offering of Luxking Group Holdings Limited, a China-based manufacturer and distributor of BOPP film and adhesive tape.
- S$10.4 million initial public offering of Karin Technology Holdings Limited, a Hong Kong and China-based electronic components, integrated circuit software and IT infrastructure solutions provider.
- S$16.7 million initial public offering of Azeus Systems Holdings Ltd., a Hong Kong-based IT services provider.
- S$26.3 million placement of 180 million new shares by BBR Holdings (S) Ltd.
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Law Society of Singapore