Rajah & Tann LLP’s Capital Markets Practice offers a comprehensive range of services for transactions involving equity, debt and hybrid instruments.
In all, the team comprises over 40 lawyers, including 19 partners. The key people are Goh Kian Hwee, Chia Kim Huat, Serene Yeo and Evelyn Wee, all of whom are highly regarded in their specialist field. And they are ably supported by other partners including Cynthia Goh and Danny Lim.
WITHIN THIS PRACTICE
IPOs and Listings
We advise issuers, issue managers, underwriters, and originators on initial public offerings and listings of companies (including by way of reverse takeovers as well as dual listings), real estate investment trusts and business trusts on the Mainboard and Catalist board of the SGX-ST and other recognized exchanges such as the stock exchange of Hong Kong, Korea and NASDAQ.
IPOs and Listings we have advised on in recent years include:
- China Minzhong Food Corporation Limited
- Qingmei Group Holdings Limited
- China Gaoxian Fibre Fabrics Holdings Limited
- Zhongquo Pengjie Fabrics Limited
- China Zaino International Ltd
- Li Heng Chemical Fibre Technologies Limited
- CentraLand Limited
- Changtian Plastic & Chemical Limited
- Uni-Asia Finance Corporation
- China Sports International Limited
- China Energy Limited
- Synear Food Holdings Limited
- Yanlord Land Group Limited
- Luzhou Bio-Chem Technology Limited
- Genting International Public Limited Company
- China Hongxing Sports Limited
- Global Testing Corporation Limited
- Pearl Energy Limited
Other Corporate Finance Matters
We also advise listed clients and investors on a broad range of transactions, including:
- Issues of bonds, notes, warrants, depository receipts, redeemable preference shares and convertible loan stocks
- Placements, rights issues, bonus issues and other secondary issues
- Continuing listing requirements, corporate disclosure and corporate governance
- Creative corporate finance structures
- Capital and corporate restructuring
- Transferable loan facilities with warrants and embedded bond option and warrants
- Privatisations and delistings
- Employee share option and performance award schemes
- Debt capital offerings
Corporate Finance transactionswe have advised on in recent years include:
- Acted for DBS Bank Ltd and Sinochem International (Overseas) Pte Ltd in the S$100 million fully-underwritten renounceable rights issue of shares in GMG Global Ltd
- Acted for Zhonghui Holdings Limited and its judicial managers (PricewaterhouseCoopers) in the S$109 million restructuring of Zhonghui Holdings pursuant to a scheme of arrangement under the Companies Act and its
- Acted for BreadTalk Group Limited in its investment by way of secured fixed rate junior bonds and redeemable preference shares PRE 1 Investment Pte. Ltd. which holds units in Perennial Katong Retail Trust for the S$247.55 million acquisition of Katong Mall
- Acted for Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited, as manager and underwriter, in the S$347.5 million renounceable partially underwritten rights issue of shares with detachable warrants by Bukit Sembawang Estates Limited
- Acted for GuocoLand Limited in the issue of S$790 million convertible bonds and S$555 million renounceable rights issue of shares to finance a US$751.686 million acquisition of property in Beijing
- Acted for Fung Choi Media Group Limited in its RMB380 million issue of convertible bonds and exchangeable bonds to Merrill Lynch
- Acted for Singapore Cement Industrial Company (Private) Limited (“SCIC”) and Hong Leong Asia Ltd. (“HLA”) on the capitalisation of its capital reserve account, followed by the distribution in-specie of its shares in HLA to SCIC’s shareholders by way of a capital reduction. This was followed by a selective capital reduction by HLA to address the “cross-shareholding” issue. Based on HLA’s closing share price of S$1.72 on 14 August 2009 (being the date of the announcement by HLA), the distribution in-specie by SCIC was valued at approximately S$31.2 million.
- Acted for China Minzhong Food Corporation Limited in the Initial public offering of 537,423,000 Shares on the Main Board of the SGX-ST. One of the largest S-Chip initial public offering on the Main Board of the SGX-ST since sub-prime crisis in 2008 with an IPO market capitalisation of S$644,907,600.
Our wholly-owned subsidiary, R&T Corporate Services Pte Ltd, is a Singapore Exchange Catalist Continuing Sponsor for Catalist companies on the Singapore Exchange.