His range of clients include major banks, exchanges, clearing houses, brokers and dealers, financial advisers, funds and fund managers, insurance companies and trust companies.
Larry regularly advises on a broad range of licensing and regulatory compliance matters in the financial services arena, such as licensing and RNF registration, business conduct compliance, banking secrecy, financial services and products documentation, anti-money laundering and countering of terrorism financing requirements, internal compliance processes and continuing education requirements.
He has extensive experience in drafting and negotiating industry-standard and bespoke contractual and other documentation for a broad range of financial products and services, covering banking products, facilities and services, securities, commodities and derivatives (whether over-the-counter or exchange-traded) trading, custody and collateral arrangements, prime brokerage services and payment systems.
- Larry is currently acting for the liquidators of MF Global Singapore Pte Limited in advising on securities, commodities and derivatives trading, and liquidation related matters.
- Larry is currently acting for the liquidators of Lehman Brothers Finance Asia Pte Ltd and Lehman Brothers Pte Ltd to advise on derivatives trading and liquidation related matters.
- He acted for the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited and the Singapore Exchange Derivatives Trading Limited in the re-drafting of their respective trading rule books in 2010/2011.
- In 2009, he acted for the then Singapore Commodity Exchange Ltd (SICOM) and the Singapore Exchange Derivatives Clearing Ltd (SGX-DC) to advise on and to revise SICOM’s trading and clearing rules and contract specifications for the implementation of a new co-clearing arrangement of SICOM’s commodities futures contracts with SGX-DC. He also earlier acted for SICOM in 2008 in redrafting and restructuring of SICOM’s trading and clearing rules and contract specifications.
- Larry acted in the merger of Wells Fargo Bank N.A. and Wachovia Bank N.A. in 2008/2009 and in the establishment of a Singapore branch of Wells Fargo Bank N.A. in Singapore.
- He acted as Singapore legal counsel to Société Générale in the worldwide merger of its derivatives business divisions, Fimat, with Calyon’s Calyon Financial, to form NewEdge.
- Since 2002, Larry has been and continues to be the primary external legal counsel to the Energy Market Company Pte Ltd (EMC), the operator of the Singapore wholesale electricity market, in respect of the EMC’s on-going review, updating and refinements of its market rules and manuals regulating participation, trading, clearing and settlement of electricity on its wholesale electricity market.
- Larry led a legal forensics team to conduct a due diligence and discovery exercise in respect of the $550 million derivatives trading losses of China Aviation Oil (Singapore) Corporation Ltd (CAO) in 2004 and advised CAO on the close-out, unwinding and restructuring of its derivatives trading positions and arrangements.
- He acted (together with US legal counsels) as co-ordinating counsel in the Asia-Pacific region for General Electric Company (GE) in connection with its US$900 million worldwide acquisition of the organosilicones businesses from Crompton Corporation.
- The Aftermath of Creative v Aztech: Fait Accompli or Fiasco? (1998) 10 S.Ac.L.J 414