He has been named by Chambers Asia 2009 as a leading lawyer in banking and finance has been described as one who "demonstrates an extremely balanced approach between technical knowledge and commercial sense" in Asia Pacific Legal 500 (2008/2009).
Terence's area of practice is banking and finance, involving acquisition, trade, structured and project related financing as well as debt restructuring and sale and purchase of loans on the secondary market. He has been involved in numerous local and cross border transactions involving real property, plant and machinery, trade receivables as well as soft and hard commodities.
- Acted as lead counsel to a club of lenders in a US$110,000,000 trade finance and working capital facility to a listed company, secured by assets in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia.
- Acted as lead counsel to a syndicate of banks in the grant of US$60,000,000 in trade financing facilities secured by receivables and inventory in Singapore and Europe.
- Acted for the Lead Arranger in a US$180,000,000 syndicated trade finance facility secured by assets in Indonesia.
- Acted for the lenders in a secured S$220,000,000 facility to a Real Estate Investment Trust.
- Acted for the Manager in connection with a revolving credit facilities to a Real Estate Investment Trust.
- Acted as lead counsel for a Singapore bank in the grant of a A$45,000,000 facility secured by assets in Australia.
- Acted for semiconductor company in its US$600,000,000 secured syndicated loan facility.
- Acted as Singapore counsel in connection with the merger of the Singapore branches of two foreign banks.
- Acted for buyers and sellers of Singapore, Thai, Indonesian and Philippine loans on the secondary market.
- Acted for lenders in the sale of their loans in the aggregate amount in excess of S$200,000,000, which loans were secured by a mortgage shares in an SPV owning a prime mixed development complex.
- Acted for lenders in the sale of their mortgaged loans granted on the security of a prime Orchard Road hotel.
- Member of the Law Society of Singapore
- Member of the Singapore Academy of Law