Li Meng is a partner in the Litigation Practice Group. Her litigation practice extends from general and pre-litigation advisory work to acting as counsel in all level of Malaysian Courts as well as in arbitration. Li Meng's portfolio covers a wide area of civil litigation with special focus on disputes relating to infrastructure and construction, telecommunications and industrial relation.
Apart from acting as counsel in various construction disputes, both in the Civil Court as well as in Arbitration, Li Meng had recently represented a leading multinational telecommunication giant in a complex and highly disputed claim in Arbitration, resulting in a multi-million Award in her client's favour.
Since the enforcement of the Construction Industry Payment and Adjudication Act 2012 (CIPAA), Li Meng expanded her scope of practice to advising and successfully representing consultants and contractors in claims under CIPAA.
The breadth of Li Meng's practice also involves her in actively advising clients on employment issues, with focus on pre-litigation management as well as general human resources issues within complex organizations and extends to representing clients at both the Industrial Court as well as Civil Courts.
- Acted in an arbitration involving claims arising from the construction project of the Second Penang Bridge.
- Assisted in an arbitration involving disputes arising from the supply, installation and service management of telecommunication software and hardware for Mobile Virtual Network Operator and Mobile Virtual Network Enabler.
- Representing an international forwarding and logistic company in setting aside an injunction against the release of cargo at port of discharge and defending claims arising from the release of the cargo.
- Represented clients in adjudication proceedings under Construction Industry Payment & Adjudication Act 2012.
- Advising clients on employment related matters including disciplinary matters and reviewing of employee handbooks/terms and conditions of employment.
Memberships / Directorships
- Member of the Malaysian Bar