Raelene is a partner with the Business Finance & Insolvency Practice Group. She joined Rajah & Tann LLP as a pupil in 2008 and has been with the firm since then.
Raelene’s areas of practice include commercial and corporate litigation, with an emphasis on banking and financing disputes, and personal and corporate insolvency. Raelene regularly represents a number of financial institutions, banks and accounting firms in Singapore and has advised on the restructuring of debts of distressed companies, including the review of restructuring agreements and security documentation.
She has also advised on the areas of private equity and trusts, including advising trust companies and fiduciary service providers on the establishment and administration of trusts, and the reporting obligations and legal duties of care of trust companies and other service providers. She has also advised individuals on succession planning and other private client issues.
Her notable cases and transactions include:
- Advising the monitoring committee under a scheme of arrangement entered into between TT International Limited (a company listed on the SGX-ST) and its creditors
- Acted for a security trustee in a scheme of arrangement relating to the restructuring of US$325 million notes
- Acted for a Hong Kong lender in a scheme of arrangement relating to the restructuring of US$163 million term loan and revolving facilities granted to a company in Singapore
- Part of a team that advised a company listed on the SGX-ST on a debt restructuring via a scheme of arrangement with cross-border considerations
- Part of a team that represented a Singapore company in a S$30 million SIAC domestic arbitration in relation to allegations of various breaches of warranties
- Acted for creditors with claims exceeding USD30 million in the re-structuring of the Glory Wealth Group (total debt of about USD900 million)
- Re Beloff Michael Jacob QC  SGCA 25
- Re Beloff Michael Jacob QC  SLR 849
- Tang Yong Kiat Rickie v Sinesinga Sdn Bhd (transferee to part of the assets of United Merchant Finance Bhd) and others  SGHCR 6 (bankruptcy)
- Cheo Sharon Andriesz v Official Assignee of the estate of Andriesz Paul Matthew, a bankrupt  2 SLR 297 (bankruptcy)
- Cheo Sharon Andriesz v Official Assignee of the estate of Andriesz Paul Matthew, a bankrupt  4 SLR 89 (bankruptcy)
- The Royal Bank of Scotland NV (formerly known as ABN Amro Bank NV) and other v TT International Limited and another appeal  2 SLR 213 (schemes of arrangement)
- Surface Stone Pte Ltd v Tay Seng Leon and another  SGHC 223 (eDiscovery)
- Khoo Eng Hock Patrick and another v Eastlink Shipbroking Pte Ltd and another  SGHC 52 – succeeded on appeal in the Court of Appeal
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Law Society of Singapore